Tuesday, March 31, 2009

So Fly! Meets Jesse Jackson Jr.

Does anyone want to go to work for me tomorrow? Anyone out there a twenty-something black female who knows about customs clearance procedures? You know what? You really don't have to look like me. Just show up. Just show up and work one day for me so that I can stay at home, work on some jewelry and promotion ideas, clean up a little, maybe cook something so I won't be enticed to buy another bowl of ramen noodles from the dollar store, which by the way, were delicious. Anyone? Anyone? You? Bueller? No one? Ok then...moving on.

A friend who is on their way overseas recently purchased my So Fly! pendant as showcased in an earlier post (check it out). It was one of my favorite items and they promised to send pics of themselves wearing the pendant way over yonder. At the airport, they met Mr. Jesse Jackson Jr. and guess what? He was also wearing my pendant. No, not triple J, my friend. Which makes my pendant almost a celebrity if you think about...kinda...or just to me. Yep! See pics below!

Though it hasn't been confirmed, I'd like to think Jesse Jackson Jr. told my friend, "cool pendant." And when I say that it hasn't been confirmed, it's really just what I would have liked him to say. He probably didn't. Dig that anyway.

I'm also working on a couple of projects, FreshBliss related. I have several new items that I'm in the process of photographing and getting showcase ready for the Web site. I had big plans for tonight, but American Idol ate a chunk of my time. Which, by the way, I was surprised that no one sang "What Hurts The Most" by Rascall Flatts for country night, which Gokey did tonight. True Story: just last week on the way to work, I was arranging the song in my head how I would sing it if I were on American Idol, and his version of it was eerily similar to what I had imagined. True story. In fact, I was worried about how I would make it through the first bridge of the song, which goes a little fast and can leave you breathless if you're not professionally trained. How did Gokey handle it? He changed up the words a bit and left out a few words of the song and it worked!. Awe-freakin'-some. Great performance. I love that song. It is very passion filled. He killed it.

My Kodak software is back up and running, thanks to my sis who found her software CD, which I probably need to return to her before I lose hers, and for some reason, knowing me, I will need to borrow it again. However, I'm having issues with my rechargeable batteries now. And I've unfortunately...lost all of my many pics that were in my photo library, which of course, I didn't back up. Ay Dios Mio! I'm really trying not to think about that. Oh...if it ain't one thing...it's another. Hopefully I can get a good charge on the batteries tomorrow and finish taking the rest of my pics and get everything packaged up all pretty like.

Hopefully very soon you can check out a NEW PRODUCT! Oh yes...it's on it's way. As well as what will become a "signature" FreshBliss item....shhhhh...I've said too much.

Stay posted and watch out for April Fool's tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment